By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of vaccination is required to access Mariners Athletics & Recreation programs and events. This includes participation in fitness programs, intramurals, outdoor recreation, gym floor use and weight room. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022 and could be extended.
Online Registration Process
1. Go to our online registration site: Mariners Athletics and Recreation
2. Click on "My Account". Login with the email address you provided Vancouver Island University as your primary email address. Then select "Forgot Password". You will be emailed a temporary password which can be changed the first time you login.
3. Select your activity, register and pay online - It's that simple!
** Students, please be sure to register for a "Student Gym Waiver Membership" prior to signing up for programs this will eliminate the addition of "Community fees" to your balance. **
- Please be aware of the Refund Policy prior to registering for any events.
- Credit card payments for all Mariners Athletics and Recreation activities will be available online at: Mariners Athletics and Recreation.
- Please be aware that based on a contract with VIU and Active Network, there are processing fees for online payments.
In Person at the Gymnasium
Bring your Student ID Card/Staff Card and full payment to the Front Desk at the Gymnasium (B190).
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or debit. No cheques please!
We are not able to process telephone registrations, in person or online only.
All participants are required to have valid medical insurance when signing up for any Mariner Athletics and Recreation programs.